My name is Caspar Anderegg, and I'm a software engineer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I started doing freelance web design and programming in 2006, and earned my Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2012.
I started my involvement in entrepreneurship in 2011, writing data analysis libraries for a startup up in Ithaca, New York. From 2014 to 2016 I served as CTO of an education tech startup in Washington, D.C. I'm currently employed as a Software Team Lead at Alarm.com, Inc.
I have a passion for solving problems, improving the software engineering process, and turning great ideas into great code.
|2018 - present||Software Team Lead. Alarm.com, Inc. Minneapolis, MN|
|Management and development of a small engineering team focused on delivering new features in data analysis and home automation. Emphasis on code maintainability at scale.|
|2015 - 2018||Senior Software Engineer. Alarm.com, Inc. Centennial, CO|
|Management and development of a small engineering team focused on new features for Home Automation, primarily relating to thermostats and energy management. Work included architecture of maintainable systems capable of scaling to millions of customers.|
|2014 - 2016||Co-founder and CTO. Era Metrics, Inc. Washington D.C.|
|Leadership of a technical team developing a web application which used methods of Natural Language Processing to provide students and teachers with data on students' writing abilities.|
|2012 - 2014||Software Engineer. Alarm.com, Inc. Vienna, VA|
|Development and maintenance of new features for the Home Automation team, particularly focusing on thermostats, energy metering, and energy management.|
|2011 & 2012||Software Development Intern. Matereality, LLC Ithaca, NY|
|Development of front-end components for a cloud data platform, as well as regression libraries for numerically fitting stress-strain models to materials testing data.|
Cornell University College of Engineering. Ithaca, NY - May 2012
Major: BS in Computer Science (focus in Artificial INtelligence, external specialization in Business).
GPA: 3.73 with Dean's List.
Classes of Interest: Algorithms and Data Structures, Information Retrieval, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Engineering Entrepreneurship and Management.
Certificates and Awards
- Named inventor on two pending patents relating to data collection and modeling for thermostat/HVAC systems.
- Fundamentals of Graphic Design by California Institute of the Arts on Coursera. Certificate earned on October 1, 2016
- Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on Coursera. Certificate earned on January 2, 2017
- Applications of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on Coursera. Certificate earned on January 29, 2017
- Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on Coursera. Certificate earned on March 6, 2017
Want to know more about me? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org